Developmentally Appropriate Practice (DAP) ECHO Professional Development Opportunities
Support and retain your quality, qualified early childhood staff through this series which includes training and job-embedded professional development for your program!
About the DAP ECHO Series
In this no-cost series, your staff will participate in 1 monthly session over a 7 month period. Participants will study the new Developmentally Appropriate Practice book from NAEYC (published in Fall 2021) and learn how to provide equitable, inclusive early learning environments that help all children and parents thrive.
Participants will be compensated for their time and have access to reflective, guided opportunities to study their work with children, strengthen social-emotional connections, and create culturally-responsive environments.
A total of 5 series will be offered between July 2022 and May 2024. Each series will offer the same DAP content, so different participating providers/centers will be recruited for each series. The project prioritizes recruiting the whole child care center (to support all their teaching staff) rather than individual participants.
Benefits your staff/program will receive:
Additionally, your program will receive the following workforce development/child care employment benefits for your participation:
- Training materials, including 1 copy of the DAP book for each of your participating staff
- Up to $300 stipend for paid training time for each participating staff
- 1 Entry Level 1-year NAEYC membership for each of your participating staff
- $150 in materials/supplies to increase the quality of early learning environments aligned with DAP
- Monthly access to expert trainers and facilitators with a wealth of knowledge in DAP
- 16 hours of professional development credit in the Arizona Early Childhood Workforce Registry around child growth and development, curriculum and learning environment, and effective interactions
- 4 hours of individualized coaching and job-embedded pedagogy catered to your program to develop teaching and leadership skills
July 26, 2022 through February 28, 2023 (1 session per month skipping December 27, 2022)
6:30-8 p.m. AZ Time
January 19, 2023 through May 4, 2023
4-5:30 p.m. AZ Time
This project is made possible thanks to federal coronavirus relief funding awarded to the State of Arizona and allocated by the Arizona House Democratic Caucus.
Arizona Association for the Education of Young Children
Arizona State University College of Health Solutions
Paradise Valley Community College
Arizona Early Childhood Education Association
Southern Arizona Association for the Education of Young Children
Southwest Human Development
DAP ECHO Project Press Release
Overview of the Arizona Early Childhood Professional Development ECHO